Please register via Eventbrite using this link https://www.eventbrite.com/e/react-rest-api-get-post-to-a-web-database-tickets-156801305927?aff=hackbuddy
In this 2 hour workshop, you’ll walk away with a React project that retrieves data from and uploads data to Kintone, a web database service.
We’ll walk you through the basics of REST API calls and CORS, usage of State and Effect Hooks, setting up an Express back-end, and using it as a proxy.
💾 Install Node & npm
- Node ≥ 10.16 and npm ≥ 5.6 are required for this workshop
- For those who are new to Node, check out our step-by-step install guide: http://bit.ly/KDP_REACT_2_PREP
⚙️ Install a Sample React App
- We will be starting from the publicly available sample React App.
- Install: npx create-react-app frontend
📺️ Tutorial on Installing Node & Create a Sample React
🚀 Sign up for Kintone!
① Sign-Up for Developer Program Account (Website) 🌐
② THEN Create a Kintone Subdomain (Database) 📂
Quick Video on the Sign-Up Process:
📚 Suggested Reading
We advise you to have a look through the following React documents beforehand:
We also recommend reviewing our tutorial on setting up this React project in advance:
Event Schedule (in Pacific Time)
Thursday, June 24th!
- 6:00 pm – Welcome!
- 6:15pm – 7:45pm – Kintone Presentation & Workshop
- 7:45pm – Q&A
⚙️ What is Kintone?
Kintone is a no-code/low-code cloud platform for teams to quickly & easily share and collaborate on their data.
Read up on how to customize and develop on the Kintone platform at https://developer.kintone.io/